Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tribute To My Late Uncle....

Hello again everyone,

This past Monday August 15th my Uncle Joe passed away. Went to the funeral and heard some of the most beautiful words that the family had to say about a wonderful man, father, husband, uncle & over all human. The family watched as the people who were the closest to him took some time and talked about their memories of him.

Personally I would like to take this time and say a few words about a great uncle, Uncle Joe. Growing up wasn't easy at all. We moved from place to place and never really got settled until if I could remember that far back about when I was 10 years old moving to East York/Scarborough. Through the time we were back and forth visiting both my mom & dad's side of the family. As time went on we became distant from my mom's side of the family. For years we never saw my grandfather (grandmother had passed away around 1989), Uncle Joe, Aunty Radika & my cousin Shauna. Never really got to know them as well as I would have liked to but still there are things I remember about my visits to their place.

Right now I will take you inside some of the memories I have of my late great Uncle Joe....

As a young kid growing up I only saw him a handful of times that I can remember. But from what I do remember he was a tall, overpowering yet so gentle being. I can remember as far back that I can that WOW someone so tall is so nice. Always I remember we were at a dinner and having duck curry for dinner and I was trying (keep in mind I was young) to put my fork through the meat. The fork slipped and the duck flew across the table and Uncle Joe gave me a look and just laughed. I sat there & felt so embarrassed that it happened but it was laughed on and the night continued.

In my later years I was proud to be at Uncle Joe & Aunty Rakida's anniversary party and what a party it was. That ceremony showed how 2 people in love should be and it's true love. I always said that when I got married it should be the way that they carried themselves. Also I was proud to be at my cousins birthday party where they were there as well. I did go up as always to greet them like I always do. But them being there for Shauna's birthday was a HUGE deal for me cause on a personal note some of my milestone birthday's were celebrated alone. So it was nice to see a family untied for their daughter's birthday.

Uncle Joe will always be remember as a GIANT but with the most gentle heart and it will be hard pressed to find anyone like him again. Someone so nice truly only comes once in a lifetime and I am glad to have known him and been around someone like him. No words can describe how good of a person he was. It's with such regret that we a family that we never got the chance to be around him as much as my other cousins were. But at the end of the day I am glad that I had the chance to have met him, a be a nephew to him and so proud to call him family.

In closing thank you Uncle Joe you will never be forgotten by me or anyone else that has had the privilege and honor to meet you. Thank you for all the memories that you created and we continue to remember. I hope that one day I am good enough to meet you again!!

Good bye Uncle Joe & hope you watch over all of us the way you did when you where here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment